Roofing Contractors in Raleigh, NC
Roofing Contractors in Raleigh, NC proudly specializing in residential re roofing for over 30 years! Over 25 years, CRS has been an A+ accredited member of the Better Business Bureau.
Our service expands from Raleigh to Apex, Cary, Durham, Sanford & Chapel Hill to Fayetteville and coastal Wilmington, North Carolina. Consolidated Roofing Systems offers exceptional service and provides factory backed extended shingle warranties. Most importantly, this transforms a typical prorated limited lifetime shingle to 100% non prorated 50 year coverage. CRS offers a wide selection of roofing products and services along with financing options to fit any home remodel budget. Whether it’s replacing leaking pipe boots or adding skylights welcoming natural light into your home, Consolidated Roofing Systems offers multiple solutions under one roof. Therefore, when looking for qualified roofing contractors, look no further than CRS.
The CRS 21 Step Process for Roofing Homes
From the #1 Re-Roofing Contractor in North Carolina
PREPARATION (click on bold headings to view a photo of that step)
1. Tarps (Driveway): Placed on driveway under truck to catch debris and nails preventing possible tire puncture
2. Shrubbery Cover: 1st a tarp is placed along tear off area up to the base of shrubbery. A second tarp is attached at eve over shrubbery to allow air flow and protection from falling debris.
3. Stop Boards: Combination of 2 x 4 and 1′ tall strip of plywood to catch all tear off material and act as safety catch for crew along lower edge of roof
4. 100% Felt Removal: Allows deck to air out and have all wood checked for damage and rot. CRS installs synthetic underlayment that is superior to the industry standard 15 or 30 pound felt paper.
5. Old Nail Removal: Prevents old nails from backing out causing punctures and puckers on new shingles
6. Galvanized Drip Edge: Drip Edge protects fascia and prevents shingles from drooping.
7. Pre-Cut Starter: Factory cut starter shingles are placed around entire perimeter of house to protect from high winds.
INSTALLATION (click on bold headings to view a photo of that step)
8. Ice & Water Shield: Install in valleys, wrap chimneys, skylights & around water vent pipes. Upgraded GAF Golden Pledge and CertainTeed 5 Star Warranty receives extra Ice & Water Shield in required areas of home in addition to that of our standard installation which is valley’s, chimneys, skylights and around water vent pipes.
9. Pipe Collars & Vent Covers: Always replaced by CRS and set in bed of mastic. The rubber neck on pipe collars dry rots from UV rays. We protect a most probable leak area with an additional Never Leak Rain Collar
10. 1 – 1/4″ Nails: Industry standard is 1″, CRS want the ultimate in a secure bond between shingle & wood decking.
11. 6 Nails per Shingle: Manufacturers require 4 nails per 25 year and architectural shingle. CRS applies 6 nails minimum on architectural shingle installations to insure a 130 mph wind warranty on all roof installations.
12. Ventilation (Intake & Exhaust): All manufacturers require minimum attic venting to meet FHA standards for the warranty to be valid. CRS guarantees it.
13. Chimney Flashing: The #1 problem area for improper installation. Always wrap chimney base with Ice and Water Shield & grind a 1″ grove into brick and bend metal into joint. Using copper or trim coil with a baked on finish. We never use galvanized metal and spray paint like some.
14. Skylights: The frame is wrapped in Weather Watch. All step flashing replaced. This double coverage will insure skylight against leakage.
FINALIZATION (click on bold headings to view a photo of that step)
15. Daily Clean Up: Clean up is maintained all day during job to ensure job site is clean and safe.
16. Roof Clean Up: A magnet picks up all dropped nails on the roof. All trash & equipment removed at end of the job. Roof is now ready for the final inspection.
17. Gutter Clean Up: All gutters & down spouts are cleaned & washed to ensure proper removal of water when rain comes
18. Wash Down: The roof is washed down for inspection upon completion. Windows, decks, sidewalks, & driveways are washed to remove the dust & dirt from the construction.
19. Ground Clean Up: All job site debris is picked up & the grounds are raked as necessary with a magnet sweep in plant beds & grass areas to pick up nails & metal missed by the human eye
20. 25 Year to Limited Lifetime Material Warranty: CertainTeed, GAF, & Owens Corning all provide material warranties to maximize your investment. Shingles up-graded beyond 25 years enhance the curb appeal and value of your home. Architectural or Designer Shingles are a good option above the traditional three tab shingle.
21. 10 Year 100% Workmanship Warranty: The CRS workmanship warranty guarantees that any necessary repair work due to installation is 100% covered during the first 10 years, excluding acts of God. This warranty is 100% transferable to a new homeowner.
Ready to start a roofing project? Don’t make these mistakes!
Replacing a roof can be expensive. It’s important to know the difference between minor damage and a symptom of a more serious issue. Make sure you don’t make these mistakes next time you have to fix your roof. Read More
A roof is as important to a house as it’s foundation. It gives provides shelter. It protects you from the sun and redirects the rain. Without a roof, you don’t have a home.
The National Roofing Contractors Association suggests that you inspect your roof twice a year. Read More